Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
We are looking for a C# Developer to help shape our digital future.
Join our team - This role offers the opportunity for a C# developer to work for us full time remotely from anywhere in NZ!
At Hill Laboratories we have embarked on a significant digital transformation programme. We are modernising our bespoke Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), creating new ways of interfacing with our clients and upgrading our business processes.
This challenging, yet highly rewarding role will give you the chance to make your mark on the business by helping us improve our processes, shape the way we do business and make this ambitious programme a success.
- Develop backend microservices in C#, work across our full stack with a focus on our WPF front end.
- Ensure that code designs conform to the prescribed architecture and its implementation is fully documented.
- Build clean, readable, understandable and maintainable systems.
You have an excellent knowledge of how to build scalable working software. You will have extensive experience in C# and have worked in a development team who use agile methodologies.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A numerate degree would be very advantageous
- Solid understanding of how to create microservices using C# and the Entity Framework
- Experience in data modelling, software patterns, application architecture/design and API design
- Understand RESTful principles and be able to implement web services that are capable of functioning at scale
- A solid understanding of both unit testing and acceptance testing under C#
- Proven experience working with a complex, integrated multi-platform environment utilising C# microservices
- Great SQL skills with significant exposure to MySQL or similar
- Exposure to source control systems such as Git
- Has worked in an agile team and understands the benefits of agile software development
- Sound understanding of agile software development, its principles and the benefits it brings to a development team
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Take ownership for work undertaken
- Understand that code is an investment and as such it needs to have a ROI
- You are passionate, energetic, personable and committed to your career. We’re looking for people that will do what it takes to get the job done
Hill Laboratories is a commercial provider of analytical services to a wide range of customers in New Zealand and overseas. We provide an excellent environment for fostering and developing talent and enabling innovation in a family-friendly, values driven and mature New Zealand owned business.
Our team gain value from a wide range of benefits such as the opportunity to work full time remotely from home (if required), job related learning and development opportunities, subsidised employee schemes as well as more holistic benefits such as social events and health initiatives.
How to Apply
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, click apply now via the link or on our website.
Please include a cover letter with your CV detailing why you feel you are the best candidate for this position.