Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Experienced Lab Analyst/Supervisor
Hill Laboratories is a commercial provider of analytical services to a wide range of customers in New Zealand and overseas. Over 400 staff are employed by the organisation; which is recognised as being a leading New Zealand analytical services provider.
We are a values driven organisation and these principles guide everything we do:
- People are valued and we enjoy our work
- Innovation and Agility
- Honesty and Integrity
- Accountability and Discipline
We have an opportunity for the right person to advance their career as a Lab Analyst, with the potential to act as a site Supervisor in our Wellington branch, to deliver analytical services in asbestos testing.
This is a permanent position within a dynamic, challenging and rewarding environment based in our new and purpose built laboratory in Thorndon. The role is completely laboratory based.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Core functions of the Lab Analyst/Supervisor role will include:
- Organising and coordinating daily routine operations
- Day to day managing of staff and ensuring that daily ‘turn around’ targets are achieved
- Preparation and analysis of air filters for fibre concentration estimates
- Preparation of bulk materials for asbestos presence / absence
- Use of our Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) to record asbestos sample analysis results and observations
- Checking and reporting of results, calculations & measurements as a KTP for the Wellington site
- Ongoing participation in Inter Laboratory Comparison Programmes (ILCP)
- Calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- A tertiary qualification in science; BSc, Diploma or similar (preferred)
- Asbestos Training/P401 Qualification or NZ equivalent
- At least 3 years industry experience as a fully trained Asbestos Technician (advantageous)
- Previous experience in bulk material and fibre counting analysis
- History of involvement with ILCP rounds
- Experience reporting as a Report Signatory
- Experience and understanding of quality systems within an asbestos laboratory framework.
- Be a team player
- Great time management and quality orientation
- Ability to innovate and problem solve
- A strong customer focus to deliver results
- Drive and energy to achieve
We are looking for someone with a keen eye for detail and ability to work well in a small and close knit team environment. Candidates may also be asked to perform analysis on ILCP samples to demonstrate competency prior to employment. The ideal candidate will be experienced in analysing bulk material samples to standards defined in the method AS 4964 & performing fibre counting in air samples to standards defined in NOHSC 3003.
Normal working hours will be 40 hours per week, typically 8.30am-5.00pm Monday to Friday.
We are offering a great opportunity for someone interested in performing well and progressing their career in analytical science in New Zealand’s capital city.
At Hill Laboratories, we believe in looking after our people. That’s why the P in our PIHA values stands for ‘People are valued and we enjoy our work’. We provide our staff with a wide range of job related learning and development opportunities as well as more holistic benefits including social events and health initiatives.
HOW TO APPLY
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, click apply now via the link or on our website.
Please include a cover letter with your CV detailing why you feel you are the best candidate for this position.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 5697207
Closing Date: Friday, 5 June 2020