Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Human Resources & Organisational Development Manager
Hill Laboratories is a commercial provider of analytical services to a wide range of customers in New Zealand and overseas. Over 400 staff are employed by the organisation; which is recognised as being a leading New Zealand analytical services provider.
We are a values driven organisation and these principles guide everything we do:
- People are valued and we enjoy our work
- Innovation and Agility
- Honesty and Integrity
- Accountability and Discipline
Hill Laboratories has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Human Resources practitioner to join our organisation as the HR & OD Manager.
The role will be responsible for delivering the company wide HR strategy across the business by providing HR leadership and guidance in line with company policy & legislation. Key to this role is the ability to coach and empower line managers of dedicated teams in their day to day people management whilst also developing and delivering people management strategies which support the organisation to meet overall strategic goals and objectives.
Promoting the company’s values, you will work to drive performance through coaching and developing line manager capabilities. Reporting to the CEO you will support with generalist HR duties including, but not limited to: Strategic HR management, Employee relations, Workplace engagement, Performance management, Change management, Reward and recognition, Leadership development, Centralised Recruitment and Learning & Development.
Some travel is required to support our team nationally.
- HR Management qualification
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a HR manager across a broad range of areas
- Knowledge of New Zealand employment related legislation, HR best practice and experience of application of both
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the management team
- Strong relationship builder and an enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills
- A high level of professionalism
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills
- Attention to detail and a pragmatic down-to-earth approach with a good sense of humour
- Experience in a similar role in a medium sized commercial /manufacturing environment would be advantageous
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the ongoing success of the organisation by providing support and development through effective HR management.
We provide an excellent environment for fostering and developing talent and enabling innovation in a family-friendly, supportive and mature New Zealand owned business which continues to grow.
At Hill Laboratories, we believe in looking after our people. That’s why the P in our PIHA values stands for ‘People are valued and we enjoy our work’. We provide our staff with a wide range of job related learning and development opportunities as well as more holistic benefits including social events and health initiatives.
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role, we would like to hear from you, click apply now via the link or on our website.
Please include a cover letter with your CV detailing why you feel you are the best candidate for this position.
Applications will remain open until a preferred candidate has been identified.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 5664423
Closing Date: Thursday, 9 April 2020