Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Laboratory Technician (Experienced)
Permanent, Full time opportunity to join our leading New Zealand laboratory. Our professional laboratory environment offers great job security, on the job training, career advancement & a great workplace culture.
As a Laboratory Technician you will be responsible for carrying out laboratory operational activities to ensure efficient ongoing delivery of a quality analytical service to our clients whilst advancing your practical training in a professional laboratory environment.
This is a permanent role working 40 hours per week, hours will be as per the laboratory team roster and may include weekend work.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Conducting lab operational duties to ensure efficient ongoing delivery of a quality analytical service to our clients
- Supporting the Team Leader to predict workloads, provide input into rosters & workflow patterns
- Working closely with the extended team within the branch & Analytical Technology group
- Participating in laboratory quality system reviews while overseeing Entry/Intermediate/Senior Technicians
- Participating constructively in detailed quality system activities including Audits & Method Investigations
- Calibration & maintenance of lab equipment
- Knowledge of & an ability to follow ISO 17025 guidelines
- Tertiary qualification in science or relevant discipline
- Previous laboratory experience in a commercial laboratory, minimum of 2 years
- Solid knowledge/experience of instrumental analytical techniques (chromatography advantageous)
- Practical and theoretical chemistry knowledge
- Working knowledge of laboratory data analysis software
- Knowledge of Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) advantageous
- Excellent time management, communication and organisational skills
- Good attention to detail and excellent computer skills
- Self-disciplined and able to work effectively (individually and within a team environment) with minimum supervision by following detailed laboratory instructions.
Our Organisation & Benefits
Hill Laboratories is a commercial provider of analytical services to a wide range of customers in New Zealand and overseas. We provide an excellent environment for fostering and developing talent and enabling innovation in a family-friendly, values driven and mature New Zealand owned business.
Our staff gain value from a wide range of benefits such as job related learning and development opportunities, a career advancement framework, subsidised employee schemes as well as more holistic benefits such as social events and health initiatives.
How to Apply
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, click apply now via the link or on our website.
Please include a cover letter with your CV detailing why you feel you are the best candidate for this position
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 5413787
Closing Date: Sunday, 9 August 2020