Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
We are looking for a new staff member to join our small, energetic and productive team in our Blenheim branch. This is a permanent part time role working 24 hours per week; Hours will be Tuesday, Thursday and Friday with additional public holiday cover if needed.
We are looking for someone who maintains a high level of integrity in their work and enjoys developing their technical skills.
In this role of Laboratory Technician you will be given on the job training and be supported by other members of our branch.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Registering samples
- Data entry into the Laboratory computer systems
- Preparing and analysing water, wine and grape leaf samples
- Making reagents and standards for use in the Laboratory
- Conducting Laboratory operational activities to ensure efficient ongoing delivery of a quality analytical service to our clients.
- Calibration and maintenance of equipment
- Some heavy lifting required
- Previous workplace laboratory experience advantageous
- Keen eye for detail
- Able to learn quickly
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective team player
- Takes pride in the quality of their work
- Good time management skills
- Data entry skills with high accuracy
OUR ORGANISATION & BENEFITS
Hill Laboratories is a commercial provider of analytical services to a wide range of customers in New Zealand and overseas. We provide an excellent environment for fostering and developing talent and enabling innovation in a family-friendly, values driven and mature New Zealand owned business.
Our staff gain value from a wide range of benefits such as job related learning and development opportunities, a career advancement framework, subsidised employee schemes as well as more holistic benefits such as social events and health initiatives.
HOW TO APPLY
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, click apply now via the link or on our website. Please include a cover letter with your CV detailing why you feel you are the best candidate for this position.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit