Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Senior Full Stack Developer (Angular, C#/.NET Core)
Hill Laboratories are one of New Zealand’s leading analytical testing laboratories. We supply a broad range of laboratory tests and utilise the latest technologies to supply the most accurate and reliable results in the industry. We are passionate about technology and constantly look to technology to solve ever increasing complex problems. We realise that advances in technology require our constant assessment to see if they can improve our operating environment and ‘get things done better’. Through all this we have one aim to deliver ‘game changing software’.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated ‘Full Stack Developer’ to help shape our world. Our ideal candidate will be someone who can confidently contribute to the ongoing success of our software products. You’ll need to have a positive can do attitude, be a great agile team player and above all be keen to actively contribute to our development team.
You will be working in a small but growing team of talented software developers. We care about the products that we deliver, and we’re helping to shape our sector by delivering high quality, scalable software.
You will need to have a sound knowledge of software development principles via the use of an enterprise language such as C#. You’ll be knowledgeable in HTML5, CSS with exposure to Angular2+. If you have experience in Ionic/Cordova Mobile development then this will be a distinct advantage.
You need to be based in the Hamilton area or be looking to move to into the area. You want your work to matter, so you are holding out for a great company that appreciates your talents.
You’ll have had experience of working in an agile environment and you’ll be proud of the code you deliver. You make sure your code is always of a high standard and well covered with automated tests. A numerate degree would be advantageous.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years Software Development experience
- 2+ years’ Angular 2+ experience (we are using v8+)
- 2+ years C#/.NET Core experience designing & building Web APIs / Microservices
- Solid Understanding of RESTful principles
- Experience with Ionic/Cordova would be very advantageous but not essential
- Experience with AWS would be very advantageous but not essential
- Experience with Docker would be advantageous but not essential
- Be familiar with agile processes and used to working within an agile team
- Believe that writing automated tests helps ensure high quality software
- Display a high level of written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- DevOps – Automated builds & deploys using GitLab CI
- Good knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience with source control systems such as Git
- Good understanding of design patterns and best practises
- Experience of working with Atlassian toolset including JIRA and Confluence
At Hill Laboratories, we believe in looking after our people. That’s why the P in our PIHA values stands for ‘People are valued and we enjoy our work’. We provide our staff with a wide range of job related learning and development opportunities as well as more holistic benefits including social events and health initiatives.
How to apply
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, click apply now via the link or on our website.
Please include a cover letter with your CV detailing why you feel you are the best candidate for this position.