Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Senior Laboratory Technician
Hill Laboratories is a commercial provider of analytical services to a wide range of customers in New Zealand and overseas. Over 400 staff are employed by the organisation; which is recognised as being a leading New Zealand analytical services provider.
We are a values driven organisation and these principles guide everything we do:
- People are valued and we enjoy our work
- Innovation and Agility
- Honesty and Integrity
- Accountability and Discipline
Our Laboratory has a position available for a Senior Laboratory Technician to join the Trace Elements team. We are looking for someone who maintains a high level of integrity in their work and enjoys developing their technical skills.
As a Laboratory Technician you will be responsible for carrying out laboratory operational activities to ensure efficient ongoing delivery of a quality analytical service to our clients.
The successful candidate will further their practical training in a professional laboratory environment.
This is a permanent role working 40 hours per week, working hours are 8.00am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting lab operational duties to ensure efficient ongoing delivery of a quality analytical service to our clients
- ICP-MS Instrumentation and method troubleshooting
- Data Review and Approval
- Calibration and maintenance of lab equipment
- Sound understanding of ISO 17025 guidelines
- Working closely with the extended team within the branch and Analytical Technology group
- Have a tertiary qualification in science or relevant discipline
- Practical and theoretical chemistry knowledge
- Solid knowledge/experience of instrumental analytical techniques
- Working knowledge of laboratory data analysis software
- Previous laboratory experience in a commercial laboratory, minimum of 2 years
- Previous ICP-MS and chromatography experience advantageous
- Knowledge of Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) advantageous
- Effective team player with excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail, very accurate and tidy in your work
- Be able to develop new ideas and provide a solution to problems.
- You are self-disciplined with proven ability to follow set procedures and take the initiative when necessary
We provide an excellent environment for fostering and developing talent and enabling innovation in a family-friendly, supportive and mature New Zealand owned business which continues to grow.
At Hill Laboratories, we believe in looking after our people. That’s why the P in our PIHA values stands for ‘People are valued and we enjoy our work’. We provide our staff with a wide range of job related learning and development opportunities as well as more holistic benefits including social events and health initiatives.
HOW TO APPLY
If this job sounds like a good fit for you, click apply now via the link or on our website.
Please include a cover letter with your CV detailing why you feel you are the best candidate for this position.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 5772443
Closing Date: Sunday, 29 March 2020