Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Team Leader - Environmental Testing
Hill Laboratories is a commercial provider of analytical services to a wide range of customers in New Zealand and overseas. Over 400 staff are employed by the organisation; which is recognised as being a leading New Zealand analytical services provider.
We are a values driven organisation and these principles guide everything we do:
- People are valued and we enjoy our work
- Innovation and Agility
- Honesty and Integrity
- Accountability and Discipline
An exciting opportunity presents itself for someone to join our Hamilton laboratory as a Team Leader within part of our Environmental testing section. This role is for a fixed term period of 9-12 months.
The Team Leader role will involve organising routine operations and managing a team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone wanting to step into a laboratory management position. You will report directly to a Laboratory Section Manager and work within the larger Operations area of our business.
Core functions of the Team Leader role will include: organising and coordinating daily routine operations, day to day managing of staff and ensuring that daily ‘turn around’ targets are achieved.
- May have a tertiary qualification in science or relevant discipline (preferred)
- Previous staff management/supervisory experience in a similar role, including planning and staff training
- Sound experience of technical laboratory processes
- Excellent operational focus with attention to time management, prioritisation and work allocation to achieve the required turn-around times
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Team player who is able to work collaboratively and create a good working relationship with other staff in the team and across the business
- Actively contributes to and supports change initiatives
The successful candidate will have a proven history of high personal and professional work standards in a laboratory environment with at least 3 years previous laboratory and staff management experience.
We provide an excellent environment for fostering and developing talent and enabling innovation in a family-friendly, supportive and mature New Zealand owned business which continues to grow.
At Hill Laboratories, we believe in looking after our people. That’s why the P in our PIHA values stands for ‘People are valued and we enjoy our work’. We provide our staff with a wide range of job related learning and development opportunities as well as more holistic benefits including social events and health initiatives.
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you have the leadership qualities and capabilities to succeed in this role, then click apply now via the link or on our website.
Please include a cover letter with your CV detailing why you feel you are the best candidate for this position.
Job no: 5676692a
Closing Date: Sunday, 5 April 2020