Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Team Leader - Hamilton
The Organics – Methamphetamine Team Leader role will involve managing a team that is currently comprised of six full time Technicians rostered Monday to Friday covering shifts from 6am – 8:30pm. This is a great opportunity for the chosen candidate to experience a fast paced and high throughput team managing operations from Sample Reception through to final analysis.
The Agriculture – Sample Reception Team Leader will be leading a team of 12 to 18 technicians depending on the season. These are a mixture of full and part time Technicians rostered Monday to Saturday covering shifts from 5:30am to 6:30pm. This team will provide a high throughput, seasonally changing workload to challenge the successful candidate.
Core functions of the Team Leader role will include organising and coordinating daily routine operations, day to day managing of staff and ensuring that team KPI’s are achieved such as maintaining turn around and staff training. This role will also involve learning and supporting operational procedures. You will be a team player who is able to work collaboratively and create a good working relationship with other staff in the team and across the business.
You will report directly to the Section Manager of the respective business unit, and you will work very closely with other Team Leaders as well as Senior Managers across the business to achieve the outcomes required. This role is 40 hours per week and will be rostered Monday to Friday.
Skills and experience required:
- Previous staff management/supervisory experience in a similar role, including planning and staff training is beneficial
- Sound experience of technical laboratory processes
- Excellent operational focus with attention to time management, prioritisation and work allocation to achieve the required KPI’s
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Actively contributes to and supports change initiatives
Expected role outcomes would include:
- Effectively lead a team and oversee the day to day laboratory operations
- Actively contribute to and support of change initiatives
- Ensure well trained and motivated staff
- Staff development and succession planning
- Ensuring that Quality standards are met according to requirements
- Operational efficiencies achieved and maintained
- Quality results delivered on time with turn-around times being met
The successful candidate will have a proven history of high personal and professional work standards in a laboratory environment with ideally a minimum of 2 years previous laboratory and/or staff management experience. In this role you will enjoy a broad range of duties with many opportunities available for learning and development where you will be encouraged to reach your full potential.
How to apply
If you believe you have the leadership qualities and capabilities to succeed in this role, then click apply now via the link.
Please include a cover letter with your CV detailing why you feel you are the best candidate for this position.