Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Team Leader - Laboratory Operations
Full time opportunity to join a leading New Zealand laboratory in the role of Team Leader. Advance your career in our professional laboratory environment offering great job security, career development and a great team culture.
The Team Leader role will involve organising routine operations and managing a team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to step into a laboratory management position. You will report directly to (and with the ongoing support of) a Laboratory Section Manager and work within the larger Operations area of our business.
Core functions of the Team Leader role will include: organising and coordinating daily routine operations, day to day managing of staff and ensuring that daily ‘turn around’ targets are achieved.
- May have a tertiary qualification in science or relevant discipline (preferred)
- Previous staff management/supervisory experience in a similar role, including planning and staff training
- Sound experience of technical laboratory processes
- Excellent operational focus with attention to time management, prioritisation and work allocation to achieve the required turn-around times
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Team player who is able to work collaboratively and create a good working relationship with other staff in the team and across the business
- Actively contributes to and supports change initiatives
The successful candidate will have a proven history of high personal and professional work standards in a laboratory environment with at least 3 years previous laboratory and staff management experience.
OUR ORGANISATION & BENEFITS
Hill Laboratories is a commercial provider of analytical services to a wide range of customers in New Zealand and overseas. We provide an excellent environment for fostering and developing talent and enabling innovation in a family-friendly, values driven and mature New Zealand owned business.
Our staff gain value from a wide range of benefits such as job related learning and development opportunities, a career advancement framework, subsidised employee schemes as well as more holistic benefits such as social events and health initiatives.
HOW TO APPLY
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, click apply now via the link or on our website.
Please include a cover letter with your CV detailing why you feel you are the best candidate for this position.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 6586078
Closing Date: Sunday, 9 August 2020